Fishing License & Salmon Stamp

Bringing your FRESH WATER (Non-Tidal) angling license with you is essential.  It is easy to get ahead of time online. Following is some helpful guidance.

  • Be sure the start date of the license is the same as the start date of your trip and NOT the date of license issuance.
  • You must get a license AND a salmon conservation endorsement. If you intend of fishing for Steelhead you need a Steelhead Stamp as well. It prints onto one document.
  • You will be fishing in Area 1 - Vancouver Island
  • When you log in you will get an angler number, create a password and asked for your email address.  Write these THREE things down and keep them in your wallet with you.  If you loose your license using the angler number, password and email address is the only way to retrieve a replacement license.
  • When you print your license, be sure that its not the receipt. These are two separate documents and the receipt does not work as a license, be sure to print the license. You will be able to identify the license by the lines/spaces on it for catch reporting.
  • You must purchase your license in advance online or at a vendor and bring it with you.
  • A Tidal Waters(ocean) fishing license from DFO or any other province is not valid in Fresh Water (Non-Tidal).
  • First Nations guests not fishing under a local food fish permit must have a Fresh Water Fishing license.