Getting HereGetting here is easy and no need for expensive charters or float planes. You can leave Vancouver or Alberta and be fishing the same day!
The ferry can be taken from Horseshoe Bay to Departure Bay, or Tsawwassen to Duke Point. Since it is the travel season it is wise to make ferry reservations.
The drive from Departure Bay (Nanaimo) or Duke Point (south Nanaimo) to Ucluelet is roughly 2.5 hours.
WestJet flies directly into Comox from many Canadian Cities.
After your fishing trip plan on leaving Ucluelet River by 3pm.
For your flight home we recommend booking it for the day after your last day of fishing. See “Getting Your Fish Home”.
Book an SUV so you have space for your coolers!
View Larger Map with detailed instructions
View Murphy's Ucluelet Map in a larger map with detailed instructions
- When you drive into the village of Ucluelet, immediately you will see the Canadian Princess Resort on your left.
- Turn left on Hemlock Street which is the second left past the Canadian Princess. The West Coast Hotel is located on the corner before you turn left.
- Go down the hill and pull into the large parking lot on your left. Park your car at the far end closest to the end of Hemlock Street. In front of you will see a large marina with 40 to 80 commercial boats. This is not the marina you are headed to.
- Walk from your car to the end of the street, which is about 150 feet from your car. The road will end at the header of a small pier leading to a small marina, walk out and go down the ramp on your right.
- This is a small marina with only a few commercial boats, (mostly large ones), our boats are on the outside finger, which is the second finger.
- We meet at the boats at 6:00 am or just a couple of minutes before.
- Call 250.723.8022 if you have any problems.